Taking place on 21-27th September, the Art Social festival will see the homeless charity/private members’ club host a week of inspiring arty activities including live art, film screenings, workshops, talks, music and a silent disco. Highlights this year include:
- A 4 metre-tall, inflatable teapot in Soho Square by artist Hester Reeve (complete with teacups and biscuits)
- JacketsPainting / PaintingJackets – edible and wearable art from artist Merike Estna, which audiences will be invited to eat and wear
- Film screenings and performances from artists including Jeremy Deller, Laure Prouvost, Marlene Haring and Jennifer Reid
- Workshops including tie-dying, Broadside Ballad-writing and fresh-flower button holing
- And Mini Manifestos – a series of 20 minute pop-up lectures from speakers including co-founder of Patternity, Anna Murray, journalist Hannah Pool and founder of The Idler Academy, Tom Hodgkinson
Weekday events are free and day tickets only cost a tenner. They’re available now from www.hosb.org.uk.