As spring starts to emerge, there’s now more of a reason to reconnect with mother nature and consider green living – so expect a little help from Spitalfields’ new Keen Green and Ethical Trade market.
Trading every Tuesday and Wednesday, the weekly market – which has been touring the country since 2007 and now makes its way to London – encourages practical energy and money-saving, offering eco-friendly inventions and initiatives to help you along to way. Fresh food and eco-fashion is also available (you could be rocking a recycled tyre on your arm!), while there’s homegrown arts, crafts & home furnishings and unique wares from Thailand, Vietnam, Nepal, India, and South America. There’s also a chance to support Cambodian welfare projects with your purchase, so pop round the next time you’re in the city, as it’s a great opportunity to make a difference and maintain a greener peace of mind.
Here’s what you can expect from the market (as listed on the website):
- A commitment to sustainability within local communities
- Local and regional eco-friendly initiatives
- Healthy, informed eating through clearly traceable ingredients
- A buy local policy – we ask that our hot food stalls buy their ingredients locally
- Ethical trading policies both at home and abroad
- Focus on small business at home and among developing nations
- Eco-friendly practices
- Plastic bag free environment
- Product background information indicating value and validity
- Promotion of ‘traditional’ arts, crafts, clothing, jewellery, food and drink
For more info, visit www.marketsquaregroup.co.uk